A continuous glucose monitor, what is it? How it works? Is it necessary to get one? Should you rely on one? There are dozens of questions that may pop into your head when you hear the word, continuous glucose monitor.
A continuous glucose monitor is more of a fitness companion than a glucose monitoring tool. The Healthy Fibro 2.0 comes with a CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitor), a smart scale, deeper interaction with your coach, a calorie, sleep and water tracking system, and a metabolism control system.
Everything you need for a healthier and safer weight loss journey to manage your metabolic health is now accessible at the click of a button. A continuous glucose monitor is a device that can be worn on your arm, and the sensor calculates the glucose levels in your body in real time.
Again many questions arise. Who should use a continuous glucose monitor? When should a continuous glucose monitor be used, and so forth? So let’s get straight to learning more about HealthifyPro CGM.
What does a continuous glucose monitor measure?
As the name suggests, this device allows you to measure your blood glucose levels. The moment you attach the CGM to your arm, you can see changes in your blood glucose levels throughout the day. Then, with the help of complex AI and coach interventions, you can control and manage your blood glucose levels at any time of the day.
Therefore, a continuous glucose monitor is a useful tool for tracking your blood glucose levels effortlessly. Powered by artificial intelligence, the HealthifyPro continuous glucose monitor connects to your mobile phone, laptop or computer as you choose. This way, you have complete control of your weight loss journey in your hands.
If you suffer from hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia, you probably know how difficult it is to keep track of your blood sugar levels every now and then. However, regulating glucose levels within specified limits is extremely important. A sudden rise or fall in the level of glucose in the blood is harmful to health.
Such conditions may lead to severe organ disorders if left untreated or unnoticed.
Who is it to use?
As far as using a continuous glucose monitor is concerned, it is for everyone and not just if you are diabetic. There is no limiting factor such as current health status, age or gender.
However, since blood glucose levels are intrinsically linked to weight fluctuation and many lifestyle diseases, including PCOS, high blood pressure, and diabetes, you can switch to a smart option like HealthifyPro CGM.
This technology and device helps you better understand your body and how it responds to glucose levels. We often eat tasty food or think it is healthy.
For example, some food combinations that we eat, like a simple plate of dal and rice, are not a complete meal. It lacks good quality fats and fibre. CGM can notify you and your coach immediately of how this food combination may affect your blood glucose levels.
As a result, adding a little ghee to green salads can improve blood sugar levels. Therefore, it becomes necessary to carry a collection that is easy to use and effectively produces smart results.
Why do you need to track your blood sugar levels?
Well, keeping track of your blood glucose levels has several top benefits that can benefit you in the long run. Here are some reasons why glucose tracking is an important consideration:
- To Check Your Glucose Levels: Regardless of whether you are diabetic or not, it is always a good idea to check your glucose levels from time to time. Therefore, using a continuous glucose monitor helps with your overall health stats.
- Effective for people who use insulin supplements regularly: For prediabetes or juvenile diabetes, you may take insulin medications or injections more frequently. It is essential that you constantly monitor your blood glucose levels throughout the day in such a situation. Thus, switching to CGM is a practical step to take.
- Helps focus on weight loss goal: Obesity is one of the main causes of type 2 diabetes. An increase in fat levels reduces or reduces the potential of the insulin enzyme and alters its functions. So, if you are on a weight loss journey, you may want to take charge of your blood sugar levels. Therefore, calculating and regulating your blood glucose at different key junctions is a great way to reduce weight quickly.
- Monitors risks associated with high and low insulin levels: Often blood sugar levels are above or below a minimum. But, how do you know if your blood glucose levels are going too low or too high? Traditional methods will take a long time to get accurate results. However, HealthifyPro will get your blood glucose levels in seconds without any errors.
- It is helpful to avoid the long-term signs of diabetes: When you have control of glucose regulation, you can freely make healthy choices. Thus, the HealthifyPro continuous glucose monitor will give you the freedom to make your diabetes journey a little light and easy. In addition, with regular tracking reports, you can manage your eating habits and more.
What are the benefits A continuous glucose monitor (CGM)?
A continuous continuous glucose monitor is a better and smarter option than traditional methods of checking blood sugar.
With the advancements in artificial intelligence and technology, maintaining good health has become an easy task to achieve. Consider the benefits of CGM before you get one!
No need to prick your fingers ten times to get one drop of blood! Also, you don’t have to wait for your results and don’t worry about visiting pathology labs after or before your meal.
With a continuous glucose monitor, you can track your glucose levels at any time of the day without any hassle. The results obtained are dynamic and display the glucose level when you measure yourself.
The continuous glucose monitor measures your blood glucose levels throughout the day, with every meal you eat and every exercise you do. Since it measures your glucose levels throughout the day, it produces results in real time.
CGM gives you accurate results every time. As a result, you instinctively know what works for you and what doesn’t. Everything we do, right or wrong, is a function of our habits.
CGM helps you form better habits. For example, you know that just adding a mixed vegetable salad with moong dal khichdi and a portion of raita works better with your glucose levels.
Healthy habits ultimately change your eating behavior and lifestyle, and as a result, you become healthy the HealthifyMe way.
Easy to manage
The HealthifyPro Continuous Glucose Monitor takes just a few seconds to attach to your arm and get started. Simply attach the sensor to the CGM and fix the CGM to your arm.
Cover it with the CGM pillow provided in the kit, and you’re good to go. Connect CGM to your mobile phone or computer and get, set, go!
Continuous tracking helps achieve faster change in habits
It is seen that every time you get your progress reports, you get the spirit to work harder. With the Pro Kit, you can track your glucose levels throughout the day and get accurate results every time.
This way, you can keep track of how many calories you’ve burned and how much you’ll eat at each meal. The continuous tracking report is an easy way to stay motivated every time.
Understand your reaction to individual foods
Blood sugar responses to foods are very personal. While your blood sugar may rise from a biscuit but not from a banana, another person may react differently.
In addition, glucose reactions are also affected by the microbiome, genes, general fitness, sleep status, stress, and what we have eaten recently.
Because of all these factors, simply reading the carbohydrate content on a label or following the glycemic index is not enough to help us find the diet and lifestyle that will allow us to maintain a stable glucose level.
Detect metabolic imbalances early
We can start developing insulin resistance more than ten years before it shows up on a doctor’s fasting blood sugar test. Continuous diabetes monitoring can help us see the overall blood sugar response after eating, giving us more insight into how our bodies handle the glucose load.
And the earlier we detect metabolic impairment, the easier it is to stop its progression before it reaches pre-diabetes or diabetes.
You do not need to insert needles into your fingers or arms and play with these glucose monitors.
Stick CGM on your arm, and you’ll be ready to burn off your carbs and sugars! CGM will work in correspondence with your body throughout the day and give you results accordingly.
How to make the best use of CGM?
To get the most out of continuous diabetes monitoring, you need to take extreme measures toward maintaining your health stats.
You can’t eat junk all day and expect continuous glucose monitoring to show false results! Eating right and exercising regularly are two simple steps to getting the most out of your CGM.
How do you get continuous diabetes monitoring?
To get HealthifyPro CGM, you need to register yourselves with Healthify. Once you register yourself, you can order the Pro version and the Measurement Kit.
This fully-equipped kit comes with CGM, a smart scale, a metabolic panel test in the comfort of your own home, a window for constant interaction with your coach, and a multitude of trackers such as calories, sleep, water intake, and Studio Fit workouts.
How much does CGM cost?
CGM can be a little more expensive than a general weight loss plan because it uses technology to deliver dynamic and accurate results instantly.
Powered by AI technology, the continuous glucose monitoring screen quickly displays your results and displays them on phones and laptops. The accuracy of the results and personal experience in each measurement are worth the price and hype.
Pros and cons of using a Continuous Glucose Monitor (CGM)
Advantages of a continuous glucose monitor
- It is ideal for people with type 1 diabetes as it helps check blood glucose levels on demand throughout the day.
- Provides more comprehensive results than traditional methods of testing blood glucose levels.
- It’s easy to manage and track your progress each day.
- Access to consistent and accurate data about our blood sugar can help us make healthy, informed diet choices to help support longevity and well-being.
Cons of a continuous glucose monitor
- It is not within the reach of many because it consists of accurate sensors and built-in AI technology. Hence, this device might be a bit expensive for some people.
- A bit of a hassle during installation at first. It may take some time to understand how to fix CGM on your arm.
- It is not easy to understand at first, but eventually, you will get to know it.
CGM is an enabler that helps you understand how your food and lifestyle affect you. Therefore, it allows you to deal with your health in a specific way.
We all know the importance of a good diet and a healthy lifestyle; What is missing is that we do not know how affected we are by eating seemingly innocent food.
For example, a standard Indian dish complete with multi-grain roti, paneer and salad might be perfect for you at lunchtime. However, it may not work if you take it at 4 pm and never leave your work desk.
CGM records all the highs we go through through diet and lack of exercise. Life is uncertain, and the best we can do is take care of ourselves to be there for our loved ones. So, go ahead, take responsibility and look at health in a different light with this innovative tool.
Leave a Comment