Natural way to get rid of parasites
In search of warmth and food, mice love to sneak into our homes during the winter period. In addition to other unwanted insects, you may end up infesting small pests in your home. This is hardly encouraging. In addition to their disgusting appearance, and the fact that they jump unexpectedly once you encounter them, these parasites are carriers of germs, bacteria, and viruses. To preserve your health and the health of family members, it is necessary to eliminate this problem.
Do you have small children and pets? Certainly, using chemicals is not always the best option. If you’re looking for a natural way to keep rodents and insects away, we’ve got the right solution for you: used tea bags. No, they are not only used to prepare a delicious hot drink, they can also be used for various purposes. Did you know, in particular, that you can use them to fertilize flower pots or to neutralize unpleasant odors?
but that is not all. These bags are also effective in repelling all kinds of pests such as cockroaches, spiders, and mice. Instead of using harsh chemicals, expensive sprays, or mousetraps, you can test the performance of tea bags. Natural, safe, easy to apply and economical method!
How do you use tea bags against these pests?
Ideally, you will need freshly used peppermint tea bags.
How to proceed? In a saucepan, steep the tea. Then take the bags and scatter them around the house, especially on the ground floor. After two or three days, you will notice that your house will be free of spiders, cockroaches and mice. As a bonus, you will kill two birds with one stone, because this trick will simultaneously perfume the house and neutralize unpleasant odors.
Note that peppermint tea bags do not “kill” rodents and insects. They will only keep them away because these pests cannot stand the smell.
good to know : It would be wise to seal all holes through which rats and mice can pass. Even if the hole seems small to you, it is better to block access to it. If you don’t have an immediate solution, you can put a used tea bag in there.
Some tips to prevent insect infestation
- Always keep your food in airtight containers.
- Don’t throw leftovers down the sink or toilet.
- Close garbage bags carefully: If you have a bucket, always put the lid on it to prevent insects from getting into it. Also remember to clean it frequently.
- Do not leave doors and windows open for a long time.
- Fix any water leaks, as moisture is a big attraction to some insects.
- Many insects are attracted to dirt, especially soiled clothes. So don’t leave your dirty clothes lying around. Wash your things as soon as possible. And never keep your basket open to avoid getting caught.
- Also consider sprinkling a few mint herbs around windows and doors to keep rodents away. Feel free to sprinkle a little peppermint oil around the house. It will scare them away and leave a pleasant smell in the living rooms.
- You can also put a few bay leaves in the corners of the room and in the closets, then rodents and insects will not come!