Carpets that smell like feet is an obsession of any self-respecting housewife. They convey the image of a tidy and clean home when it is immaculate and give the impression of dirt and disorder when it is dirty and dilapidated. With this trick, your carpet will look like new.
The ultimate trick to freshen up your carpet
Carpet is a real smelling sponge. Absorbs and retains all home odors such as tobacco, frying and other strong odors, not to mention dust, mold and dirt that accumulates over time. But with this effective trick, you will see that your carpets smell good and for a long time.
First of all, it is important to specify that carpet cleaning is different from cleaning other home fabrics. We could probably afford to wash the sheets, quilts, bathrobes, and curtains in a washing machine, but the rug shouldn’t suffer the same fate under any circumstances. This could harm her. Also remember to use natural products and eco-friendly cleaners like black soap, Marseille soap, white vinegar…instead of polluting, toxic and allergen-ridden cleaning products. Choose granny tricks to reduce grease, cleanse and remove the most difficult traces.
To scent your carpet simply and effectively, all you have to do is use baking soda and classic scented fabric softener. It’s as simple as hello.
Baking soda, thanks to its antiseptic and anti-odor properties, will absorb unpleasant odors that inhabit your carpets. This is one reason why this product is recommended to be used so often. In addition to cleaning your washing machine and dishwasher, deodorizing your refrigerator, and purifying indoor air, baking soda is ideal for your carpets.
Softener, on the other hand, gives your carpet the fresh, invigorating and exotic scent it needs to take you on a journey when you set foot on it. You can choose vanilla, exotic flowers or lotus for example, or choose traditional flavors such as lavender or lemon. The fragrance you like will be the right one. The goal of this method is to freshen up the carpet, not just neutralize the smell.
To do this, you will need to follow these steps:
1. At first, you will pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of baking soda into a bowl and add 1 teaspoon of liquid fabric softener to it. Note that you can replace the fabric softener with a few drops of an essential oil of your choice.
2. Mix the contents of the bowl until you get a compact dough.
3. You will need to lay your carpet on a flat surface after it has previously been cleaned of all impurities.
4. Spread the putty evenly over the entire surface of the mat.
5. Leave this mixture to work to dry for a few hours until it hardens just like a clay based face mask.
6. Using a cloth brush, you will wipe the carpet and sweep the vacuum cleaner to get rid of the hardened mixture.
7. Dampen a microfiber cloth over the entire surface of the rug to remove any leftover baking soda and fabric softener mixture that the vacuum cleaner won’t remove. No rinsing required to get your carpet free of the mixture.
After that, you will see that your carpet smells good and for a very long time. Stop cutting cash on air fresheners and home fragrances. This trick is effective, cheap and easy to perform. Your rugs are important from the point of view of the decor and harmony of your interior. It reflects the spirit of the house. Take care of them because they protect your feet from the cold.
Leave a Comment