Learn how to properly wash cauliflower to remove any impurities it may contain.
Why should cauliflower be cleaned?
Cauliflower is one of the easiest vegetables to cook with which you can prepare various recipes: broccoli, pork tart, cauliflower, potato filet, cauliflower, broccoli gratin mimolette … However, most of the time, these vegetables contain worms, insects and other impurities. The reason for this is that it is recommended to wash it carefully.
How to properly wash cauliflower and get rid of pests hiding in it?
Washing cauliflower well does not require any special effort. Just follow these few steps to clean it effectively to get rid of all the worms and other impurities that may be hiding there.
Vinegar water to wash cauliflower
White vinegar is one of the most commonly used products for effectively cleaning fruits and vegetables. In fact, The acetic acid in white vinegar kills parasites and bacteria. Here’s how:
- Cuts Cauliflower into small pieces: only Separate the cauliflower into individual florets to make cleaning easier and more efficient. To do this, cut the cauliflower into quarters using a sharp knife and a cutting board, remove the core and separate the rest into florets.
- Clean cauliflower florets with white vinegar: In a bowl filled with water, add a little white vinegar (one cup of vinegar to three cups of water). Then immerse the florets in vinegar water and leave them for a few minutes until you see residue floating on the surface of the water. To finish, put the cauliflower pieces in a colander and pass them under water to eliminate the last insects.
Other alternatives to cleaning cauliflower
Like white vinegar, there are other methods that can wash broccoli and any other vegetables in the broccoli family.
Lemon juice to wash cauliflower
You can add lemon juice to the vinegar water to increase its acidity, this will kill the bacteria while getting rid of pesticide residues that may be present. Thanks to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties, lemon juice is a natural antiseptic whose efficacy is well-proven.
Baking soda to clean cauliflower
- Prepare a solution of water, three tablespoons of baking soda, and half a cup of table salt.
- Soak the cauliflower florets in the mixture.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Put the cauliflower florets in a colander and rinse them under running water.
Cleaning vegetables is essential to eliminate any microorganisms they may contain. Now you know what you need to do to properly wash cauliflower and rid it of worms, impurities and other pesticide residues.
Leave a Comment