If your battery is having more and more problems starting, it means that one of the battery terminals is corroded. A situation that you can fight against using this trick.
What is this food that will resist corrosion of the battery terminals?
One of the most annoying problems you can face as a motorist is the battery refusing to start. There are several reasons that justify such a problem: leaving the headlights on all night, the cold that makes the battery lose power, but not only! In fact, The Battery terminal corrosion can also be a cause of battery failure. In this case, using a product can solve this situation.
Coca-Cola to fight car battery wear
This might sound surprising Soft drinks will be able to resist rust and corrosion that may come in contact with the battery terminals Thanks to the carbonic acid it contains.
To perform this process, you will need to follow the following procedure and steps:
- Equip yourself with goggles and gloves to work in complete safety;
- Refer to your vehicle’s manual for the exact location of your battery;
- Make sure the engine is turned off;
- Lift the hood of the car to access the battery;
- First remove the cable from the negative terminal, which can be identified by the “-” sign and is generally black, and then remove the cable from the positive terminal whose “+” symbol is red;
- Pour Coca-Cola into a spray bottle and spray it on the areas where you see corrosion or rust;
- scrub the ends with a toothbrush to remove rust and corrosion residues;
- then dry the terminals with a clean, dry cloth;
- Finally, return the positive terminal and then the negative terminal. Do not forget to tighten it well with an adjustable wrench.
How do you maintain battery life?
The battery is known to be a reliable part of the vehicle, yet it requires minimal maintenance to prevent it from breaking down at any time.. Note that the battery life is 5 years, Around. Duration can be shortened in case of excessive stress. So here are some practical tips to keep in mind.
Maintain your car battery periodically
The battery is empty and you cannot start your car. Hence the need to devote a minimum amount of maintenance to it from time to time. Moreover, many cars are equipped these days The so-called “maintenance-free” batteries, which should not prevent you from checking and cleaning the terminal connection. In addition, if your car is equipped with an older generation battery, feel free to check the electrolyte level. Essential fluid for proper battery functioning. In case of insufficiency of the latter it will be emptied.
Maintain a good battery charge level
In order to perform at its best, your car battery needs to be constantly well charged. In fact, an engine having trouble starting is the first indicator of a weak battery. You should feel free to check the charge level at this exact moment. You can do this with a voltmeter.. The voltage should indicate 12V when stopped and then increase to 14V when the engine is started. Any other number below should alert you to insufficient fees. Otherwise, and if you don’t have this equipment, you can always go to your garage to have it checked.
Maintaining and checking the good condition of your car battery allows you to extend its life but also to avoid a breakdown when you least expect it!
Leave a Comment