How long does it take to cook salmon in the oven?
Thoughtful seasonings: thyme, garlic, lemon, olive oil drizzle, a pinch of salt and pepper. And now, voila! Accompanied by rice, pasta and crunchy vegetables or a simple fresh salad, when well prepared, salmon can quickly become a very tasty and above all very healthy dish.
But to achieve this result, you must take into account some wise tips.
- First of all, at the moment of purchase, it is necessary to choose the perfect piece of salmon. Select farmed salmon marked in red. Above all, be sure of its freshness and quality: when salmon is very fresh, it does not have a strong “fishy” smell that can alienate your body, and there are no brown spots on its flesh. His skin should not be dry, but wet. Its scales should look shiny. Finally, choose salmon that is orange in color, it will only taste better.
- We recommend buying fresh salmon. If you bought them frozen, double-check that the packaging is tightly closed and that it is not torn anywhere. Always read the label to make sure it’s fresh and avoid products that contain dyes.
- In terms of proper cooking, the time depends on several factors, including the salmon fillet, its size, weight, and the temperature used inside the oven. As a rule, it takes about 10 minutes for a fillet of 2.5 cm thickness and should be cooked at a moderate temperature of 180 ° C. Some recommend allowing 4 to 6 minutes to cook per centimeter of thickness. Warning: if white spots of fat begin to appear on the surface of the salmon, this means that the cooking time was too long. As a precaution, it is better to check from time to time with a fork.
NB Of course, you can season the salmon according to your taste. Some prefer oregano, but you can substitute it with another aromatic herb, such as thyme, sorrel, dill, or chives.
This is a delicious recipe for baked salmon
- Few slices of fresh salmon
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- Fresh spices and herbs to your taste
How to prepare:
- Heat oven to 180 ° C.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper (or choose a baking dish).
- Arrange the salmon fillets, skin-down, and season with just enough salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix olive oil drizzle, minced garlic, and juice of half a lemon. Mix well and add spices and herbs as per your preference.
- Grease the salmon fillets with the resulting mixture, from the top and sides.
- Cut the remaining half of a lemon into thin slices and arrange on each salmon slice.
- Put the dish in the oven.
NB : 180°C is ideal for cooking salmon fillets or steaks. Ten to fifteen minutes is enough for perfect cooking. But do not forget to always watch, because cooking in general varies depending on the weight, size and thickness of the salmon.
After removing the salmon from the oven, you can season it with thyme or fresh dill according to your taste. As for the side dishes, the choice is not lacking: green beans sauteed with butter and garlic, basmati rice cooked in water or risotto, fresh tagliatelle, sauteed potatoes, vegetable gratin or simply a green salad if you follow Diet. Bon appetite !