Apply these tips every two weeks and you will notice the difference for yourself!
Do light bulbs in your home consume a lot of electricity?
Professionals can confirm this observation: a lamp in poor condition can lose a lot of its luster.
By cleaning your light bulbs, you can Use and save low wattage lamps almost Your electricity consumption !
Reduce your electricity bill in summer and winter
Here are our tips for Reduce electricity costs During the winter period :
- Only turn on the heating for rooms you use frequently.
- During the morning and afternoon, open your curtains to let in the daylight instead of turning on the lights.
- If your ceiling fan has a reversing switch, use it to blow warm air around the bedroom or room.
- Some people take long showers to warm up. Don’t do this A mistake will cost you more money and go for a quick shower.
- When you’re not using your TV, PC, or console, unplug it rather than turn it off.
You can also take certain actions to Reducing your electricity consumption during the summer period:
- Use fans instead of turning on the air conditioner.
- If you feel the outside temperature is dropping, consider opening windows or doors on opposite sides of the room.
- Use the dishwasher or washing machine when it is cold. Lower temperatures are generally effective. In fact, 80% of the energy consumed With a washing machine or dishwasher, the water is heated. Therefore, washing at a temperature of 30 ° C requires three times less energy than washing at a temperature of 90 ° C.
- If your house has a swimming pool, buy a more energy-efficient pump, namely: double, multi-stage or variable speed.
- If you have gas or electric heating for your pool, switch to solar power as soon as possible or use a heat pump.
Other ingenious tricks to reduce electricity consumption
Discover other ways to better optimize your electricity consumption
Keep the fridge and freezer full
Did you spend a lot to stock your fridge and freezer last week? It doesn’t matter because it will save you money on your electric bill. In fact, Food acts as an insulator. Therefore, the refrigerator will not have to consume a lot of energy and time to stay cool.
Line Dry Laundry
To reduce electricity bills, install a clothesline in your garden and let the sun dry your laundry. If the temperatures don’t allow it, hang the laundry on a drying rack or shower bar.
Get rid of phantom loads
Did you know that a large part of The power used by home electronics is consumed when it is turned off ? Phantom loads come from TVs, stereos, computers, and many other home appliances. So, get the reaction to plug these devices into the power strips and turn them off between each use.