So, what is the procedure to avoid while using the oven so that we don’t end up with salty bills?
Reducing the energy consumption of the furnace: how do we proceed?
So how can you save energy while using your oven? simply by avoidingOpen Often oven door and leave it at the same time, Agar while cooking.
In fact, when you do this, your oven loses some heat and will therefore need more electrical power to reach the temperature level it is programmed to.
While it may be tempting to open the oven to make sure your dish is cooked, you can simply check it through the glass door. In this way, you can save energy.
Also, when you need to defrost meat, for example, avoid using the oven. Food straight from the refrigerator takes longer to fully cook. And therefore, The furnace will need more electricity and this, as you understand, will not be without consequences Your electric bill. Finally, avoid activating the defrost mode of the oven. It also consumes more energy!
Heating the oven: a good idea or an additional consumption of electricity?
There is no who – whichOnly one answer to this question. In fact, it will depend on what you want to cook.
- Poultry meat: Want to make a poultry dish in your oven? You do not have to preheat the oven, quite the contrary! If you put poultry meat in an already hot oven, the parts will stick together and become dry. Here’s the trick: bake it in a cold oven at 150°C. Keep in mind that a 1 kg chicken should cook for about an hour. Do you like it when the skin is crunchy? Raise the oven temperature to 200°C, 10 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Red meat and vegetables: If you want to cook beef dishes, for example, then preheat the oven. The meat should be cooked when the oven temperature reaches 200°C. Vegetables are no exception to this rule.
- pastries: This depends on what you want to prepare. For example, a dough that needs to rise requires preheating to about 180 ° C. This cooking method generally concerns pizza dough as well as homemade bread.
- birthday cakes: Avoid placing it in a preheated oven. On the other hand, it should be cooked in the lower part of the oven. Thus, the bottom of the cake will benefit from the heat coming from this part of the oven. Finally, you can prepare delicious pancakes in the same way.
Preheat the oven: how to do it?
Now that you have figured out what dishes and foods to put in a cold oven and in a preheated oven, here are two types of reactions that it is advisable to adopt:
- If you need to preheat the oven, do not exceed 10 minutes.
- If you want to save more on your electric bill, remember to turn off the oven 10 to 15 minutes before the end of cooking. The reason is simple: the heat will continue to spread throughout this time while your dish is cooking.
That’s it, we hope that now you can reduce your electricity consumption by following these few valuable tips!