3 main advantages of getting health insurance?
Not only does purchasing health insurance benefit you, but your entire family as well. It is then essential to contract with the correct form of health insurance to benefit from the best possible protection.
1. Benefit from extra reimbursement for routine care
The Social Security system reimburses a large portion of your usual health costs such as check-ups, consultations and hospitalization. However, more often, it covers only part of the cost of care, that is, 70% of the total amount. The remainder at your expense is called the “joint payment intermediary”.
In the case of consultations that do not exceed the fee, it is the health insurance that pays for this ticket. In doing so, the insured is left with only the mandatory fee of a fixed contribution of €1, for counseling or medication. Excess fees charged by some general practitioners or specialists may also be covered by health insurance.
2. Enjoy 100% reimbursement in the areas of eye health, denture prosthesis and hearing
These three types of care are generally very expensive. With your health insurance, you have the option of purchasing eyeglasses, dentures, or hearing aids. Expenses in this context are fully covered by joint reimbursement by Social Security and Health Insurance.
All you have to do is make your choice in the 100% healthy basket, which will necessarily be offered to you by optometrists, dentists and audiologists. And all this is possible by obtaining health insurance.
3. Ensure management of soft medicine and alternative medicine
Orthopedic sessions and other treatments important to your health until then remain non-compensable through Social Security. On the other hand, health insurance companies offer their coverage, at a fixed rate and within the limit of a set number of sessions per year.
The advantage of health insurance is its flexibility. Unlike the Social Security system, which works the same way for everyone, health insurance offers a variety of formulas that adapt to all profiles of the insured.
Some practical tips for choosing the right health insurance
- Determine his needs according to health expenses.
- Compare the offers of several insurance companies in order to choose the contract that suits you.
- Be aware of care not covered by Social Security.
- Avoid contracts that require a medical questionnaire.
- Estimate your current health coverage.
- Judge the warranties and services provided in the contract.
- Prefer contracts with transparency over repayment.
- Pay attention to repayment and waiting periods.
Leave a Comment