When bad odors are really chronic in the home, there is a formidable weapon that you may not have thought of. However, you probably already have it in your closet: it’s vinegar. If you pour it into a bowl and let it run in the room, you will be really surprised by the result. For example, if you receive guests at dinner and there are smokers among them, this will very quickly eliminate the smell of tobacco in the living room.
How to remove unpleasant odors from the house?
Even if you are in the habit of cleaning your home well, sometimes unpleasant odors accumulate in certain rooms. Despite your best efforts to eliminate them, they often seem static and spoil the mood. Don’t always rely on synthetic air fresheners on the market: their effect is not really long lasting nor is it environmental. There is nothing like natural remedies to preserve the environment, save money and effectively get rid of unpleasant odors. As a bonus, white vinegar in particular is known for its powerful deodorizing effect.
instructions Pour the vinegar into a bowl that you keep on a safe, flat place so it doesn’t accidentally spill. If the smell of tobacco is common in the living room, feel free to use this trick daily. Also, if you want to neutralize strong odors in a particular place, simply fill a spray bottle with vinegar and spray it in the air. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how quickly this product works!
Other interesting uses for vinegar
Apart from its excellent deodorizing effect, vinegar is a versatile product with countless advantages. Many people certainly do not realize that beyond the confines of the kitchen, it acquires tremendous cleaning, degreasing and bleaching properties. Its acidity works wonders for simplifying various tasks around the house. So you can use it in your spare time to disinfect your utensils, clean the microwave oven, remove the laundry, sanitize the sanitary facilities, purify the skin…the list is still very long.
Here are some unexpected uses for vinegar:
- Did you know that vinegar is an ally for hair beauty? Hard to believe however, it makes the hair easier to detangle and gives it extra shine. Just add a few tablespoons of vinegar to the cup and rinse your hair after shampooing. In addition to adding shine to your hair, it has the ability to tighten the scales of the hair fibers.
- Vinegar is widely used in the kitchen in many ways, but if you want to get rid of strong odors from some jars that you want to recycle, it will be especially useful for you. In particular the famous jars of pickles whose smell is often persistent. The trick is very simple: fill half the jar with vinegar, the rest with water and a bit of dishwashing detergent. Shake vigorously and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Finally, shake one last time before pouring the contents into the sink and rinse the jar well. And now, voila!
- It does not fail, every time you cook a dish of garlic, your hands smell the aroma of this spice with a stuffy nose. Even after intensive washing, nothing helps. The solution? Rub your hands with a little vinegar before washing them with soap and water, which is surprising, but the smell is no longer relevant!
- You may not have thought about it, but vinegar is also useful in treating fungal infections of the feet. To do this, they must be soaked daily (morning and evening) in a basin containing vinegar (white or apple juice) diluted in water. Leave it on for 15 minutes before drying it well. Also apply a vinegar compress before bed. After a few days, the problem will be much less!
- Athletes know something about this: Vinegar also helps relax muscles after long-distance runs. If you are used to working out, a good apple cider vinegar massage will do the trick to wake you up. Forget the ointment, after taking a shower, massage your legs and feet with vinegar. The relaxing effect is immediate!
- Did you get a bad sunburn while on vacation? Trust vinegar to soothe the condition and relieve pain. In a bowl, pour equal amounts of white vinegar and cold water. Soak a washcloth in the solution and then apply it to the burned area of your body. Leave it on for 5 minutes. Repeat this gesture two or three times to soothe the suffering.
- To clean kitchen breakers, eliminate bacteria and eliminate unpleasant odors, here again you can count on the performance of vinegar.
- Finally, thanks to its anti-scale and anti-lime effect, this natural product is also famous for removing limescale from sanitary ware or kettles. The method is simple: pour white vinegar into the kettle and let it run for one minute. Rub with a sponge and rinse. Of course, if the limestone layer is really thick, it is better to let the treatment act for a longer time. Plus, it’s also a great support for removing limescale stains from dishes: after washing in the washing machine, if the stains are still, rinsing with white vinegar will make a big difference!