From now on, find out How to block dangerous websites To be a part of your children’s life!
How do you protect your children from the dangers of the Internet?
In fact, the means are not rare. Some are simpler, others more complex.
To block certain sites, one of the most popular methods is the use of browser extensions. This can be applied to both Windows and Mac. Let’s see this in detail!
First, download BlockSite, one of the most popular website blocking extensions with more than 1 million users.
To add it to Chrome browser, follow these steps:
- Go to the Chrome Web Store on the Google Chrome browser.
- Type “BlockSite extension” in the search bar and hit the Enter key.
- Click on the BlockSite icon in the form of a red shield and then on “Add to Chrome”.
- Once the download is complete, the BlockSite extension will be added.
To start blocking websites with this extension, follow these steps:
- Access the BlockSite settings by clicking on “Extensions” (the puzzle piece icon). Next, open BlockSite and then “More Actions”. Finally, choose “BlockSite”.
- Then enter the websites you want to block in the bar called Block Sites and hit the “Enter” key. If you want to prevent access to websites in your block list even from Incognito, find the Settings icon, then click Turn on Incognito.
This extension includes some paid features, so it’s not completely free. However, you can use a free extension that can block sites like “StayFocusd”, which we highly recommend!
To install this extension, search for it on the Chrome Web Store and then click the Install button. Now, all you have to do is perform some simple configuration to block unwanted websites or suspicious ones and request personal information for no apparent reason, for example.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open settings from extension menu and add sites to block one by one.
- In the “Blocked sites” tab, there is a field in which you can enter the links of all sites that will be excluded from navigation.
parental control solutions
There are other ways websites can be blocked to protect your children. For example, “Microsoft Family Safety” solutions block access to websites, apps, and games. So, You need to create a ‘Microsoft Family’ group and there Add children’s accounts. In the Microsoft browser, “Edge”, you can also set up content filters. Here’s how:
- First sign in to your account in the Parental Controls app.
- Next, search for your family member’s name, tap their name, then select Content Filters, then Web and Search.
- Enable “Filter Unsuitable Sites”.
- When it asks you to use a blocked website, you can agree to it and add it to your “always allowed” list.
- You have the ability to add specific websites to the “always allowed” and “never allowed” lists. Additionally, you can decide to activate a filter that allows them to consult only authorized websites.
Even if the internet is full of useful digital resources to facilitate the sharing and sharing of fun content, parents can legitimately worry about their children being used by them. Hence the need to know more Website blocking methods.