For most people, cracked heels are not a huge problem, but they can quickly become a nuisance if the cracks are very deep. In some cases, these fissures can also cause bleeding.
What causes dry cracked heels?
Before finding the solution, it will first be necessary to find out the causes to better treat the problem. According to Dr. Mary Estelle Roe, MD, dermatologist, here are the causes of cracked heels:
- skin dryness.
- Stand and elongate.
- Wearing inappropriate shoes.
- lack of hydration
- Certain diseases such as eczema or psoriasis.
If cracked heels are left untreated, they get worse over time and this can happen cause pain, deep cracks and ulcers, even bleeding. If this issue interests you, it would be a good idea to start solving it now.
Turn your cracked heels into baby feet: this is how
Some people prefer Buy lotions or moisturizers Which costs an arm, while others choose natural remedies. If you belong to the second category, here is a straightforward tip for treating cracked heels:
Pumice stone, lemon and Vaseline to repair heels
- Soak your feet in a bath of warm, soapy water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Exfoliate your heels with pumice To remove tough and thick skin.
- Dry them with a clean dry towel.
- In a bowl, put 1 teaspoon of Vaseline and add 3 to 4 drops of lemon juice to it.
- After mixing the ingredients, apply a good layer of this solution to your heels and any other cracked part of your feet.
- Put on cotton socks and let them sit for a few minutes before wiping your feet with a paper towel. (You can keep the socks on overnight and wash your feet in the morning when you wake up.)
In fact, Acidic properties of lemoncommitment to strong moisturizing effect petroleum gelHeel cracks can be treated In a few minutes.
Other home remedies for cracked heels
There are also other very effective home remedies that can treat, relieve and prevent cracked feet:
Banana & Avocado Foot & Heel Mask
- Mix a ripe banana and ½ avocado into a thick creamy paste.
- Apply the mixture to your cracks and crevices.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing your feet with lukewarm water.
Thanks to fatty acids and vitamins A and E, avocados help promote wound healing, this study published in the National Library of Medicine indicates. Banana, for its part, acts as a moisturizing agentIt is rich in amino acids and vitamins A, B, C, and E.
Honey mask to reduce cracked heels
- Mix a cup of honey in half a bucket of warm water.
- Soak your feet for 15-20 minutes in the mixture.
- Rub gently with a pumice.
Honey is excellent Moisturizing and cleansing the skin according to study Published in the National Library of Medicine.
Home remedies include nourishing and moisturizing the skin to prevent new cracks and speed up the healing process. However, you should continue to apply these natural solutions as quickly as possible to get the desired results.