In this article, we are going to discuss a list of the 5 most popular Google Maps functions that few people use. Take advantage of it now to save time, money and unnecessary effort.
What are the hidden features in Google Maps and how to use them?
Google Maps is one of the most useful applications ever invented. Thanks to its functionality, it is increasingly easy for people to move around. However, although its basic functions are easy to use, there are, however, some hidden and more advanced options that very few people are familiar with. Find out how to use it.
Save and find your parking location on Google Maps
Finding your car can sometimes be difficult, especially when you park it for the first time in a huge parking lot. Fortunately, Google Maps offers several solutions to help you know exactly where you are parked. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Maps app on your smartphone.
- Click on the little blue circle to view your location.
- Click Save your parking location.
View and share your real-time location on Google Maps
Surely you’ve gone somewhere and your partner, family member, or friend asks you exactly where you are so they can join you. Thanks to this feature in Google Maps, it is quite possible to share your location in real time.
- Open the Google Maps app on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Click the menu (the profile icon in the upper right) and click Share location.
- You can also specify how long your location will be shared, and if not, you can cancel it manually.
Zoom in on Google Maps with one finger
Most people browse Google Maps using their cell phones. However, they only have one hand because they hold their smartphone in the other hand. It becomes very annoying when trying to zoom in or out to look at the map closely. If you still think you have to pinch to zoom in or out, think again. Google Maps now lets you do this with one hand.
- Open Google Maps on your phone or tablet.
- Double click on the place you want and keep your thumb on the map. Drag it down to zoom in and up to zoom out.
Customize your car icon on Google Maps
It’s definitely not a big deal for some of you. But, did you know that it is possible to customize your car icon when navigating with Google Maps?
- Open Google Maps on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Start navigation to reach the desired destination.
- Click the blue arrow indicating which directions to take.
- Select the icon you want to use and it will appear automatically.
Want to create a list of your favorite addresses on Google Maps?
If you are planning to go on a trip, this feature will allow you to easily organize stops and places you want to visit. Just follow these steps:
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Find the address you want by pressing and holding a place on the map or directly on the locator.
- Click on the small window that appears at the bottom of the screen with the name and address of the site you selected.
- Click Save and select Favorites or create a new custom list.
The list of selected addresses will be available on the main Google Maps page, so you can refer to it at any time.
Google has successfully forced its application on the online map market, making it a must-have for all users of this service. Since Google Maps is automatically installed on Android smartphones, the digital giant currently occupies a dominant position, if not to say a “virtual monopoly” in this area.